Friday, December 9, 2011

high tech vs low tech

Last night I got a great surprise!  Via Skype I got to attend Zack's Christmas play.  Just to remind you...he is in the state of Washington and I am in West Virginia.  I got to hear his class sing one of my favorite Christmas gospel songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uViv_teAGpY&feature=related
This isn't them singing but this is the song.  I could actually see him, rocking out.  I missed part of it as our connection died but I got to see most of it.  All the while, every time our connection was lost I would text my son Nick and we would re-connect.  Oh, the wonders of technology!

To be a part of their life, while so far away made me sad last night but also made me think about God.  We are so far from him.  Sometimes farther than others...like during good times...it is hard to remember to start my day with him or to pray every morning.   Sometimes closer, especially during hardships...when I fall to my knees several times a day.

Without all of the high tech he wants to be connected.  Just like I want to stay connected to my kids.  He (like me) I am sure, loves those unexpected prayers when we say...just checking in, let me catch you up on my life.   Like me, a smile will spread across his face...I am sure!  Today, I encourage each of you to STOP...take a minute and reconnect with your God...he is the parent that is waiting to hear from you...the parent that wants to talk and hear about your life..the parent that wants to smile, laugh and cry with you...in all stages of your life.  Skype with God...give God a shout out. 
Today...do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment