Sunday, June 26, 2011

dog fights



While I was gone on the mission trip my mom came to babysit my five dogs.  I worried about her and the dogs... but Jennifer, my daughter-in-law was with her until Tuesday.  So, she had them from Wed through Friday alone.  I talked to her several times and all seemed good.  Then!!! All hell broke loose.  She called as I traveled home and said "there has been a bad dog fight and Vena can't get up".  It was instant panic. Vena has been having trouble walking lately.  Will this be the end?  Will I need to decide if the time has come to put her down?  All of those thoughts raced through my head.  I told her where there was some pain medicine and to give her several.  She called minutes later to tell me Vena was up and walking. 

The dogs have been lazy today and moving very little.  All of them have been scratched, bitten and are walking slow and some are limping.  What comes over them?? These dogs see each other every day.  They live together night and day.  They eat and sleep together.  What happened? Today they are licking each other's wounds and I think...you did this to her!!

It is like they've been nice as long as they can and they snap.  They are like kids...it was all in how she looked at me!  I was barking at the rabbit and suddenly she was barking at MY rabbit....then teeth and growls and snaps and snips.  Mom said it went from the family room to the kitchen to the studio/dining room.
All the while she was smacking them with a book trying to break it up.

Wow!! I came home three hours after the event and there was still growling and pacing. I don't know if they are trying to decide who is in charge...but I can tell them that answer! ME!

Dog fights happen to us, too!  We see people every day and one day something just snaps and that's it...we say things we shouldn't, we snip and snap! Sound familiar?  God tells us to forgive...but that's my rabbit!! The next time I need to forgive...I will think of dog fights...it will make forgiving easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment