Wednesday, June 8, 2011

dogs in heaven

As  you know...I have dogs...five of them to be exact...with Jenn and the kids came Sam too...Sam is their dog...it is amazing to me how a dog can fit in but Sam does...he is going to go home and will have to be deprogrammed...he now drinks out of the toilet, he runs through the yard like a crazy dog...he eats at 5am with my girls and again at 5pm.They are in such trouble.

There have been very few dog fights...My five dogs that live together all the time will occasionally fight.  It just amazes me when they do...it is like they've put up with each other as long as they can and now the fur flies...and there can be blood...they scare me when they fight...and it is always the same ones...Binkie and Freckles...they must know each other's buttons...and which ones to push.  That just makes me laugh to think they have such personalities!! 

I always think they have voices...and I think Freckles is that kid that just picks and picks,and runs her mouth constantly...blah,blah,blah...and Binkie is the one that says...ok...I'll take you on big boy...come on, a dog in the hood...then they go at it...and of course all of the others then have to jump into the fray....Sissie is the me of the dog world...she goes with the flow...her favorite word is Whatever!!

My dogs all have personalities just like we do...they give, they take, and usually go with the flow but every once in a while they can't take it any more...

I am watching my oldest dog, Vena, age and she is aging quickly.  It makes me sad.  I know she has had a great life thanks to us.  She was the dog I stole from neighbors (they were mistreating her) and am proud of it.  She is the matriarch of this brood.  She gets up whenever anyone moves and walks with them.  At night she is now unable to get up...her legs go out.  As a shepherd she has a spine issue that will eventually make her unable to move.  She has an infected tooth right now and I need to get her to the vet but I hate to traumatize her.  It is so painful to watch her deteriorate. 

We just read the book "Heaven is for Real" for our book club and the one thing in which I found great joy.. when the little boy described heaven... there were puppies and animals everywhere.  It brings me joy to think God loves puppies as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment