Thursday, June 9, 2011

SEX can't get away from it

Just when I think I am over it all...back it comes...even my bible dwells on it...sex...when you are cheated on your view of sex takes a turn.  Your husband did that with someone other than you.  That personal, intimate act of love has been destroyed. What a slap, what a knife in the heart, what sadness that brings...and you can't get away from it...to think the root of all of it was sex...

The scripture reading for my Disciple class has been about harlots and whores for the past 8 weeks.  Comparing Israel straying to a harlot that woos.  See there it is.

As you know I listen to Joyce Meyer ever morning on my way to work...she mentioned something good to do is read the proverb of the day of the month.  I started on June 5 and read Proverbs 5...I stopped after the 7th and you'll see why.  It just keeps bringing it back...the SEX that led to adultry.
June 5
Warning Against Adultery
 1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom,
   turn your ear to my words of insight,
2 that you may maintain discretion
   and your lips may preserve knowledge.
3 For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey,
   and her speech is smoother than oil;
4 but in the end she is bitter as gall,
   sharp as a double-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death;
   her steps lead straight to the grave.
6 She gives no thought to the way of life;
   her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it.
 7 Now then, my sons, listen to me;
   do not turn aside from what I say.
8 Keep to a path far from her,
   do not go near the door of her house,
9 lest you lose your honor to others
   and your dignity[a] to one who is cruel,
20 Why, my son, be intoxicated with another man’s wife?
   Why embrace the bosom of a wayward woman?
 21 For your ways are in full view of the LORD,
   and he examines all your paths.
22 The evil deeds of the wicked ensnare them;
   the cords of their sins hold them fast.
23 For lack of discipline they will die,
   led astray by their own great folly.

Proverbs 6
Warning Against Adultery
 20 My son, keep your father’s command
   and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
21 Bind them always on your heart;
   fasten them around your neck.
22 When you walk, they will guide you;
   when you sleep, they will watch over you;
   when you awake, they will speak to you.
23 For this command is a lamp,
   this teaching is a light,
and correction and instruction
   are the way to life,
24 keeping you from your neighbor’s wife,
   from the smooth talk of a wayward woman.
 25 Do not lust in your heart after her beauty
   or let her captivate you with her eyes.
 26 For a prostitute can be had for a loaf of bread,
   but another man’s wife preys on your very life.
27 Can a man scoop fire into his lap
   without his clothes being burned?
28 Can a man walk on hot coals
   without his feet being scorched?
29 So is he who sleeps with another man’s wife;
   no one who touches her will go unpunished.
32 But a man who commits adultery has no sense;
   whoever does so destroys himself.
33 Blows and disgrace are his lot,
   and his shame will never be wiped away.

Proverbs 7
Come, let’s drink deeply of love till morning;
   let’s enjoy ourselves with love!
19 My husband is not at home;
   he has gone on a long journey.
20 He took his purse filled with money
   and will not be home till full moon.”
 21 With persuasive words she led him astray;
   she seduced him with her smooth talk.
 24 Now then, my sons, listen to me;
   pay attention to what I say.
25 Do not let your heart turn to her ways
   or stray into her paths.
26 Many are the victims she has brought down;
   her slain are a mighty throng.
27 Her house is a highway to the grave,
   leading down to the chambers of death.

I decided to stop this Proverb reading...And it goes on and on and on...even God seems to be filling my ear with sex....and the evilness of adultry.
You live through it and it just keeps coming back...you can't get away from it.
I am trying to get the message here...but right now I'm not sure what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment