Tuesday, January 25, 2011

kroger parking lot

So the story continues....135 kids at a lock-in at church..and we run out of pop about 1:00 am...so i took off for Kroger..not a soul in the parking lot...i went inside...every time I rounded a corner with my shopping cart I would run into an older gentleman...nice looking with gray hair...we would laugh about being the only people out...when it was time to check-out he was behind me in line...

The cashier asked what I was doing with so much pop to which I replied...all the kids at church, come out and join us...the older man was behind me in line and he laughed and talked about having so many kids he couldn't count them and so many grandchildren, too many to count...to all of this the cashier and I had several smart remarks. He told me to wait and he would help me out...

He had credit card issues so I went on to my car...as I was loading my car with soda he came and we talked...he said "I've never been to a church only once, because I am Jewish.  I go to synagogue, he said.  We talked about how Christianity is based on Judaism and he told me "you have been blessed for the good deeds you do".   He talked about being Jewish and as he left me he said words over me that were in a foreign language...I laughed and said " I hope that was good" to which he replied "you've been given a Jewish blessing" Of all of those words I only remembered something that sounded like Marakesh...

He got into a beat-up blue pickup truck with a large air conditioner in the back end...I looked to see where he was from and there was no license on the truck.  He was parked right beside me. 

I thought no more about the encounter until Sunday at church.  Our Sunday school lesson talked about Abraham who was given the promise of so many children he would not be able to count them.  This is when the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.  Later at service Greg's sermon talked about Jesus being a good Jewish boy to which I stopped and wondered, could it be?  Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.  In my darkest moments God was with me.  Physically he was with me..he was telling me...I am here.  I truly believe that night I met God face to face.  Tomorrow more on that Jewish blessing.

1 comment:

  1. I contacted a relationship doctor i saw online. I told the relationship doctor everything, He promised to fix my relationship problem. I am the happiest lady on earth right now, is never too late to fix your broken heart. You can still get your lover back... Fix broken relationship/marriage... My relationship was restored as promised, My Ex-boyfriend came back and promised never to leave me again.. Everything happened just in 3 days.. I was also cured from herpes with his herbal remedy.. I recommend you contact Robinsonbuckler11@ gmail. com…

    ReplyDelete