Friday, January 21, 2011

The phone call

After finding out about my marriage I took a 2 month leave of absence from my position as a youth director at Cross Lanes United Methodist Church.  One of the hardest things for me to do was walk back into a church...i couldn't walk back in the front doors for some reason...I felt dirty, used and just sad.  I had a great friend in Lora who took over my duties for me and she and the kids would constantly send me cards but I could not get up the courage to go in the doors.  One night I received a call from one of the youth, Evan, that asked me to come to a youth event several Friday nights in the future.  Only because of that call did I walk back into my church.  It was my first step toward recovery...between the time of his call and my return I found out my husband had not quit seeing his girlfriend as he professed, my youngest son got married amid the turmoil and I asked my husband to leave our house...what trauma.  That call was imperative...sometimes we are called to do something and we don't act on it...We hear a voice that says send so and so a note or call someone.  I am here to say DO IT...you never know the impact your action may have on that person.  Evan and I've had several emotional conversations about the call he made and the impact it had on my life. By returning to church I was wrapped in the love of the congregation and youth and given the strength I needed to survive this ordeal.  God is good all the time.  Thank you Evan!

No comments:

Post a Comment