Sunday, January 30, 2011

Something EVIL this way comes

Just like "Joan moments", evil was something I knew existed in the world but never felt like I had seen it face to face.  I've heard people say "The devil is strong, the devil has hold of that person, the devil is at work in him."  And like a lot of other things I would smile, shake my head and mutter under my breath something about "nutty" or roll my eyes.

I know now there is evil in this world and I have seen the work of the devil and felt his impact.

We've all seen horror movies and have our idea of what we think evil looks like.  Those sith things from star wars are pretty close for me.  But in my fave Joan of Arcadia episodes, when she comes face to face with evil, she feels it and doesn't know why...but something doesn't feel right...God tells her evil isn't the face we think...it is smooth as silk, a smooth tongue that is charismatic while lying and twisting .  It isn't the evil sith it is the smooth one we should be wary of.

I have seen the devil up close and personal and seen his work in people I thought were good and Christian.  God tells Joan he has helped her to be strong to take on this force of evil and I believe God has led me to this place to see my strength as I come up against evil.  The devil is strong but God is stronger.

What does God ask us to do?  Funny our sermon today was about what the Lord requires of us (Micah 6:1-8):  To seek justice..(how often do we sit back and watch evil take place, destroy lives, and say nothing?) love kindness (it is hard to be kind in the face of evil and injustice...I need to work on this one) and walk humbly with our God.  I will gladly let him lead the way.

Step out against the evil in this world.  Even if you are standing alone. God has helped to build your faith so you can take that stand.  I've heard people say...I want that devil to say when I jump out of bed in the morning, Oh no...it's her...Look out devil I am coming for you!!

1 comment:

  1. I contacted a relationship doctor i saw online. I told the relationship doctor everything, He promised to fix my relationship problem. I am the happiest lady on earth right now, is never too late to fix your broken heart. You can still get your lover back... Fix broken relationship/marriage... My relationship was restored as promised, My Ex-boyfriend came back and promised never to leave me again.. Everything happened just in 3 days.. I was also cured from herpes with his herbal remedy.. I recommend you contact Robinsonbuckler11@ gmail. com,,

    ReplyDelete