Saturday, January 22, 2011

joan of arcadia

During the summer months at our youth Sunday school class we feature movies that kids can relate to...In 2009 we did the first season of Joan of Arcadia (TV show) and the kids loved it...so this year we did season two.  I said this season was written just for me.  It was no accident I was there listening.  If you have never seen Joan of Arcadia, the concept is "what if God was one of us" (sounds like the theme song) and God comes to Joan and asks her to do things...but this season things happen to Joan and she has to rely on the strength and relationship she has established with God...things like her best friend is murdered,  her dad is tempted to have an affair, mom is struggling with her own faith, Joan is struggling with her relationship with God and with her boyfriend, and at the end of the season Joan is betrayed by her boyfriend when she finds out he is sleeping with someone else and she confronts evil...face to face with evil...wow! When she struggles God holds her, physically holds her and hugs her and there were many times I felt just like that, too and there are times she yells at God and says "Why did you let this happen?" and I felt like that, too...she tells God...this isn't fun, this isn't right...and he/she says...i know but you all have free will...I can not intervene but I am here to pick up the pieces...it was so on target for me and I needed to hear every word of it!! It also made me realize God speaks to us in oh so many ways...if we are willing to listen...I hear you Lord...LOUD AND CLEAR!!! i will be happy to loan you any season just let me know!!

1 comment:


  1. I did everything to get my boyfriend back but nothing worked. I contacted a relationship doctor i saw online. I told the relationship doctor everything, He promised to fix my relationship problem. I am the happiest lady on earth right now, is never too late to fix your broken heart. You can still get your lover back... Fix broken relationship/marriage... My relationship was restored as promised, My Ex-boyfriend came back and promised never to leave me again.. Everything happened just in 3 days.. I was also cured from herpes with his herbal remedy.. I recommend you contact Robinsonbuckler11@gmail.com………………

    ReplyDelete