Saturday, September 10, 2011

calling

I have a busy weekend and it just started.  This weekend I am taking part in a lay leadership training program at the Methodist church.  There are about 8 of us in the class and our first session was last night.  I am not sure why I am here but I know something has been on my heart lately.  I am sure you've been noticing it in my  posts.  I am not sure what it is but its there...a calling...a feeling like I am being pushed to do something.

I think this is where that "be still and listen comes into play"!! I think I wrote way back in March that I heard God saying there is a life to save in Washington and knowing my kids were moving to the state of...I  had my bags packed ready to go...but I really feel like God is calling me in another direction...there is more than one Washington! 

God places a call on our lives sometimes and it is up to us to respond.   I felt like I needed to respond to this lay leadership training that it would help me find or prepare myself for this calling. 

I am not sure where I am going or how I am getting there but God knows and on that I will rely.  Pray for me as I struggle and patiently listen through this time...this time of finding his calling on my life...Pray that I "am still and listen" and hear his direction.

I am one of those people that want it cut and dry...I want a lightening bolt with song and dance....and we all know that isn't how God works.   I know I will look back after it all and say...OK, I get it now...this is what you had in mind for me and see how it all worked together for God's good and God's glory...

Like the old song says...Here I am Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment