Saturday, September 17, 2011

pity party

Some days just call for a pity party and this is one of those days!
I haven't written most of the week because I've had electrical problems at the house since Wed.  When I came home on Wed night there was electric in only half of the house.  What?? I did what any good woman would...I checked the breakers...flipped them off and on a few times...nothing there...climbed under the house...flipped the breakers on the furnace, just because! It sounded safe! Then I went online to look at AEP's site...it must be where it was coming into the house.
Went on to my disciple class and asked the guys there. They seemed to think like me...it was where it was coming into the house. 
When I went to bed on Wed night, I slept in the first bedroom so I could see...power was on in the kitchen, pantry and family room...Power came back on about 2am...but when I got up and moving in the morning I noticed it was doing a lot of high and low level lights...strange...I went back on AEP's website and logged in a surge...About this time thought of my appliances...fridge was gone...pantry little fridge had thawed out and there was water all over the floor...YIKES!! AEP called back and said...we sent someone out and you have good power coming into the house but we noticed the ground under the meter box is very corroded.  I don't even know where my meter box is!! I was fretting at work and Mona volunteered her poor husband to come out this morning and see what he could find...he found a lot...the breaker in the box below the meter is fried...and it was crackling...above his pay scale!  Where do you find an electrician?  I called Leslie, a realtor friend figuring she would know.
So am now waiting for a fellow to come this afternoon...meanwhile thought I would cut some grass and when I went out...the tractor seemed to be leaning to one side...I had a flat tire...I threw up my hands for a few minutes and had a good cry, cussed Mark McHenry till a fly wouldn't light on him...and then proceeded to pump up the tire...that explains why it was cutting so uneven last week!
The electrical problems explains why I had such trouble with the air conditioning this summer...I am just praying all appliances are going to be fried, too.  Plugged in the fridge to a surge protector and it seems to be doing fine.
 
It sucks being a homeowner...you NEVER get ahead.  I am ready to sell it all and get an apartment...oh wait there are 5 dogs that rely on me.  What to do?? I think I just want someone to feel sorry for me...I need someone to let me whine and not expect me to be strong.  I need a real good pity party...just for me..I want to be selfish and not share it with anyone...this is my pity party and no one else's!!
whaaaaaaaaaaa!whaaaaaaaaa!whaaaaaaaaaaa!
Are you feeling sorry yet?

1 comment: