Monday, September 26, 2011

typos

I know I've written a lot about things that drive me nuts.

We all have them...those little things that just make you cringe.
They are like fingernails on a chalk board. 

Now I am not the greatest grammatical person.  Sometimes I am not the best speller.
But when there is a "jump out" "slap you in the face" typo on a page it drives me crazy.

My only excuse is I work wtih writers!  Today I opened a book of poems about change.
Here goes...see if you catch it...

Don't let me Fall

Dear Jesus,
Don't let me fall
Suspend me in your arms
Protect me from all evil
Give me strength to live
Precious God
I love you with all my heart
My living soul is yours
Forgive me for my sins
But except me as I am

What....except....isn't that suppose to be "accept" me as I am....
except:  with the exclusion of...exclude
accept:  to take or receive something offered, receive with approval or favor

So, I tried to tie in poetic language, play on words kind of thing....couldn't do it!
Writers you've had an effect or is it affect on me...I can't read anything without a red pen!

Same way with bathrooms...I worked in parks for many, many years and I can't walk into a public bathroom without inspecting it.  I was always drilled "you can tell how clean a place is by its bathrooms." Campgrounds, restaurants, doesn't matter...try to take a vacation and always be inspecting bathrooms!

Funny things we do!!  Habits hard to break...
I wonder if God looks at us in the same way?  He rolls his eyes and says I can't have any fun...I am always trying to figure out these creatures I've made!! What was once enjoyable is now sort of tedious because of them!! Where's the joy!!

Except for me...I guess we have to accept these little burps in our personalities and live with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment