Sunday, September 25, 2011

friends and feelings

This past year has been another year of change...that is the only constant in my life...there is going to be some kind of change!  Today is my daughter-in-law Jennifer's birthday...and I think you all know how I feel about her...it is very hard for me not to be with her on this day...
We communicate a lot but I miss her and the family immensly...there is no description for the loss I feel...the loss of Mark was painful...it was a physical pain...the loss of Nick's family saddens me and makes me lonely.  It is so different.

This year I also lost a good friend, Cindy, who moved to Florida with her family.  I talked to her the other night after we heard about the death of our friend Kathie.  She hated being so far away from us all at this time and she just wanted to be close.  She misses what I miss...that closeness....that feeling of anything I need I just yell and someone is there to help. 

I just read Jennifer's blog and she could have been having the exact same coversation Cindy and I had the other night.  She misses her old life here in WV. misses what was. misses the feeling of knowing and safety of routine.  Change is so tough.

Tonight I also talked to my son Justin and we discussed when to take a leap...when do you know it is the right time to jump?  I told him...I am so ready but I'm not sure if the time is right...Change...Lilah is now pulling up and trying to stand....just a month...I saw her last month about this time...she changes daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment