Wednesday, September 7, 2011

selfish

I heard Joyce Meyer say this the other day and hurriedly wrote it down...only to misplace it and just find it again. 

"You can't be selfish and be happy."  How true is that??

To be truly happy you have to give yourself.  You have to give freely.  You have to be open to giving your money, your time, and your heart to others.  All of these things are gifts from God.  All of these things he blessed you with...and I think he is wanting to see how you use them.  Are they used in his glory?  Are they used to give him glory? 

I always say "The poor person who has lots of money because the Lord expects a lot from you...he expects you to use it for his good not your own." 

Giving is a tough concept especially if you are selfish.  If you are concerned only with your self...you can't give to others because others will never come before you.  It is that old adage of "me,me,me, me"...It is all about me.  Everything revolves around me....what I feel, what I want, what I expect, what I get. 

Don't we all know these kind of people.  If and when I get that way ...someone please slap me up side the head and tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment