Wednesday, September 7, 2011

unexpected gifts



Sometimes when we least expect it we receive an unexpected gift.  Last night is a prime example.

 It was one of those nights.  I was awake all night.  off and on.  I would drift off and the dogs would want out.  I would just get settled down and they would start licking themselves which becomes VERY loud when you are trying to sleep! And remember times that by 5!  I would toss and turn and  flip on the TV to see what is on at 1:30, 2:00. 

Finally around 3:30 the dogs wanted out AGAIN.  They were so restless...maybe because I was!  When they got outside they were off...running and barking really loud...I screamed at them...they paid no attention...so I went back in, shut the door and said some nasty words!  Let them stay outside all night!

They didn't stop!  So, five minutes later there I went...angry....of course I didn't think of my own welfare...who knows what was out there!  I never did see anything! But I told them to "GET IN THE HOUSE"...they paid no attention.  So, I walked off the back porch and toward the church next door to see if I saw anything.  Boy did I!!

I was given a gift of stars!  At 3:45 the sky was crystal clear and there were more stars than I could ever count or identify.  The Milky Way was visible.  It was awesome...I pulled out a lounge chair, relaxed and just looked.  Beautiful! They didn't stop barking...but I didn't even notice.

Finally, the dogs wandered my way and calmed down and the time was over...we went inside and went to sleep....but what an unexpected gift I received.   When you least expect it...sometimes....you are unexpectedly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment