Friday, October 7, 2011

breasts



I saw a billboard the other day and it took me forever to figure it out...when I did I was like....ahhhhh...I get it!  It was a billboard of a pink Cadillac with big headlights (that's the hint!).  and it said "Get the girls a check up"....October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month.  

During our weekend at the beach we walked in a Breast Cancer walk.  That was the first time I had walked in one.  The local walk is always on the same weekend as our church flea market.  It felt so good!  You felt like you were doing something....two of our sisters are actively battling BC now...a friend of a friend is battling BC...my friend Kathie recently passed away and the BC alert for me is high.  There are five sisters in my mom's family...all have had breast cancer, none have passed away due to the cancer.  They are all thriving into their 80's.

To hear someone say "Breast Cancer"  turns your blood cold.  There were 22 of us together last weekend and as discussing the statistics we realized two to three of us would be suffering from the disease before we die.  What a scary thought.

I have lost 90 pounds and am amazed at how most of it is in my boobs...I feel things in there I've never felt before and believe me I feel myself up all the time...checking for lumps.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month....so be like all of those men who are always aware of our breasts! and check them out...feel them up..better yet...have someone else feel them up! Know your breasts...know when there are changes in them...and have any changes checked out...if you don't feel comfortable with the change keep demanding something be checked.  We all want to be with you for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment