Monday, October 10, 2011

God woke up


I needed a little funny this morning so thought I would share another "God Went to Beauty School" story from Cynthia Rylant...I love this book.

God Woke Up
And He was groggy
so He got a nice cup of coffee
and went to sit
under an apple tree.
He sat there
drinking His coffee
listening to the birds, when all of a sudden
it hit Him.
He was happy.
God was happy!
And he wished there
was just someone to see it.
He'd gotten such a bad rap
all these years
for being pissed off
all the time.
And He really wasn't.
Maybe a little cranky.
But here He was,
happy.
Mellow yellow.
The birds were singing
and He was at peace.
Buddha told Him it
could be this way,
but He'd never really
believed it until now.
Life really was easier,
sitting under a tree.

I just love reading about this God.  My God that I imagine has quite the personality...so these sort of fits right in with my idea of God!  I told someone just the other day I think God has a wicked sense of humor.  I see him as really mischievous.  Loving but full of spunk!  He does things some times and snickers under his breath.  There is a definite twinkle in his eye. 
You go God!

No comments:

Post a Comment