Friday, October 14, 2011

roots

Last month at book club we discussed our summer book Roots by Alex Haley.  I must confess I was done  by about the fourth chapter.  But listening to the discussion made me really I want to watch the movie or finish reading the book. 

We discussed our own roots and do we know our family history? Do we know the characters in our own ancestral closets?  I must admit I don't...we know what our parents tell us and usually that lasts just two generations...

I really need to get some of these stories from my mom.  She talks some times about her great grandma and I don't know these people...or much about them...but I need to find out.  I know very little about dad's side the Cook side. 

Who we are, where we end up, and what we become is so relevant to who we came from.  I love the National Public Television show where they track down the roots of famous people.

Roots...we all have them but what tree started them? Think about all of the history we don't know...
Where it all starts and does it end somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment