Tuesday, October 18, 2011

there it is again

OK...so today I went to a friend's dad funeral...it was one of the most beautiful funerals I have ever attended and I decided I really wish I knew this man.

He was the communications director for Borg Warner and his past employees spoke about him with such love.  He had written a book entitled: The Words Of The Bible Are Not Mine: A Curious Conversation With God  he sounds like my kind of guy.  He had lost faith and came back around to find his God and the love that he has.  I wish I had known him.  Employees talked about how he went with AP style and punctuation and spelling.  I now understand so much about his daughter and my friend, especially her love of the written word.

At the end of the service....get ready for it....a speaker talked about Jim's feelings on the verse:  Psalm 46:10
Be still and know that I am God.

It comes at me from all directions.  I promise I am trying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment