Tuesday, October 18, 2011

you never know where prayer will lead

I am a firm believer in you never know what goes on behind closed doors.  That perfect American family may be struggling with abuse, alcoholism, divorce or drugs behind the doors of their perfect home. 

We try so hard to be perfect and to give the appearance of all good and wonderful!  But really it isn't.  A family in crisis is so hard.  What do you do?  Who do you talk to?  When do you take a step and make a change?  This is a life change...that will affect your kids and family forever. 

Life is not easy...as a matter of fact sometimes it sucks.  But I have found through my whole year of crap there are people out there who hold you in the palm of their hand and love you. Sometimes, you don't even know them.  There are those friends that keep you close and keep you sane but there are also all of those people that pray for you every day.  They keep you in their thoughts and ask about you.  They may not ask you but they ask friends and family.  Think about all the people in this world that love you.  That's what I love about prayer lists...it is like that old game of gossip...we whisper in each others ears and the message gets spread.  But this time it isn't gossip it is prayer.  What power!

I recently had a friend who had a friend with breast cancer.  I put her on our prayer list at church.  This led to a friend of a friend in North Carolina.  That lady had a breast cancer ministry (due to her own experience) and asked if she could share a packet with the friend of a friend.  This led to correspondence and support during the initial stage of finding out, surgery and now chemo.  These two would have never met or supported each other without prayer.

We never know who we will touch or how we will touch others.  What we say and do may be exactly what they need at that point in time.  How powerful!  But that's God isn't it!  Working through us to work for others...that old servant thing.  Sometimes I hear people say...I don't have time to serve or I don't know how to serve.  Try praying....one of the best ways we can serve each other.

Once again I started with one thought and ended on a completely different random thought.  Yikes!  I told someone yesterday...I am getting old and forgetful...I think it is showing!

No comments:

Post a Comment