Monday, October 17, 2011

TMI


Too much info!!
I love to embarrass my kids and my church kids...and sometimes when I do they will look at me and say "TMI" meaning "too much information"!  They don't want to know all of that! They groan and roll their eyes and gag, the whole bit!

Don't tell them but that's why I keep doing it. 

Greg on Sunday preached about too much info...the scripture came from Exodus when Moses hid in a cleft of a rock and God passed by.  God knew he couldn't handle it...if he saw all of him he would die...it would be TMI...more than Moses could handle...  He could only see his back as he passed by.

I have decided that's my problem.  I want all the info and I want it now!  I want to know where I will end up, I want to know who I'll end up with, and I want to know when this is going to happen!  I want TMI and I want it now....I know what you want to tell me...don't you remember that scripture God keeps throwing at you...that Psalm 46:10...Be still and know that I am God.

I was surprised last week at Disciple Class by Karen... she gave me a plaque that has that scripture on it...It is now sitting right above my computer as I write.  Think I would listen don't you!  Not me...

God knows I,  like Moses can't handle it...maybe he is afraid I will run screaming from the building...you know I have my list of what I want in a man!  Maybe he knows what he has planned for me is nothing like my list...well for now I will be still and try to listen...and keep repeating and quoting Psalm 46:10.

Oh God, I want some TMI!

No comments:

Post a Comment