Saturday, October 29, 2011

laugh


Laughter is such a gift.  I laugh when I am nervous and when I am happy.  Anyone that really knows me well knows the difference between the two.  One is a little thin laugh and the other is usually a belly laugh that comes right from my heart.  I love to be reading or watching tv and suddenly something really funny touches you makes you laugh.  It is unexpected and the laugh is real.  The kids can make me laugh, with what they say and what they do.

My grandaughter Taylor has what we always called a "bar room laugh" which is a great throaty laugh.  Sounds like a wench that has been drinking all night.  Nothing wrong with the sound!  Having laughter is a blessing.  To see life in such a way as you can laugh is a gift from God.  Even those thin laughs in the time of hardships is a joy.  I lost my laughter after the divorce but it is making its way back.

I am still reading "Cutting for Stone" and the quote for the day is:
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." 
Don't you love the thought of God laughing?  Can you imagine the sound.  I bet he has a bar room laugh.  He is joyful so I am sure he laughs quite often.  I am sure we make him laugh often!

I am throwing all plans out the window and God this is your plan...I am only on the path! Now stop that.. quit your laughing!
PS:  Don't you love the picture of Jesus laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment