Friday, February 18, 2011

baby steps

Since about five months after the divorce I put myself on a budget.  Really fast I found out I spend lots of money on clothes (I am a clothes horse!), going out (entertainment) and food.  My friend geocaching Robin turned me on to Dave Ramsey and The Extreme Money Makeover.  I know I have always had a love- hate relationship with money.  Money was one of the MAIN issues in my marriage because Mark was so in love with money.  After I also realized I paid all of the bills...I never saw a paycheck of his and he probably has a fortune in an off-shore account.  I have never let money control me...If I have any, it is yours! I never worried about money...but I do now.  I have just started this journey but will keep you posted as it goes along...my first step is to save $1000 dollars to put aside for emergencies...ONLY emergencies...I will let you know when I do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment