Wednesday, February 23, 2011

why do they dig holes?

On Saturday it was a beautiful day...one of the things I did was fill all of those holes in my backyard the dogs dig.  I have five dogs and one of their favorite things to do (as all dogs) is dig holes...it drives me nuts...I go out and fall in them, trip over them...they fill with water...which means mud...they are YUK...

Plus I like a nice looking yard...so on that beautiful day I filled up the holes with dirt I found when I cleaned the garage .  Put in a little grass seed and thought I am set for spring...that grass is going to get some water tonight when it rains...all set!

WRONG!! After church on Sunday I came home to...empty holes with dirt spread everywhere...all over the back porch...and it had rained...mud...on paws...drug into my house...on my rugs...was I mad...and there they sat, tails wagging...you just can't fuss...they don't have a clue.So much for perfection!  My perfect looking backyard was history!!

Have you ever noticed when you are all dressed up, thinking you are really looking hot..something will always happen...you will spill something down the front of you, have a string hanging, pop a button...I always laugh and say...God doesn't like perfection!!  He knows there is no way I am perfect....we may THINK we are perfect...but he definitely knows better!  It puts you in your place!  My God is always laughing at me...and I think he is very sarcastic...and likes a good laugh at my expense.  I envision him saying...you think you're looking good don't you...ooops there goes a runner in the hose...what do you think now?  I was getting a little too big for my britches and needed reminded!

What about those times when you want everything to be perfect...your house...your kids...company is coming...and then your kids say all of those things you don't want them to...everyone is going to think SHE ISN'T PERFECT...Guess what...it is no secret....none of us are!!   No one is perfect... there was only one person ...and it's not me and its not you...I always tell my church kids...you are NOT God's gift to the world as much as you think you are!!  God's true gift was his son...Isn't that hard to believe!?! Doesn't the world revolve around me? MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME...

Life becomes so much easier when we stop trying to be perfect...God loves us just where we are and how we are...thank goodness I can stop trying to be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment