Saturday, February 5, 2011

scripture in the strangest places!

Many times it is through scripture reading that God speaks.  Scripture has been my friend through this as I search for answers...It is the age old question of why bad things happen to good people...that may be a bit pretentious but I try to be good...As I said, in the beginning it was Job and that was depressing but I read a lot of God's replies to Job...those "who do you think you are" scriptures...which humbled me...but I know my God is a loving God, so I wanted the reassurance which is when I turned to the Psalms.  David was a jerk but he also was attuned to God.  Psalm 23 became about hardships more than death for me. Psalm 139 reassured me that God knows ME.  He knows what is happening with ME...and has from the beginning.

My friend Lora would text me scripture whenever she thought of me...Jeremiah 29:11 became my mantra ...'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, ' plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' What peace you can find in that!! As I type that scripture is hanging in front of me and in my car it is on my dash.

With healing came different scripture...Proverbs has such wisdom!  Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath..." and Isaiah brings hope, "those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength."

Years ago Traci got me a little box full of tiny little cards with daily scripture reading and I started reading one every morning and going to my bible and looking up what is around it...also there is a prayer on the other side of the little card...it is usually right on target with what I am feeling...

Last night around 2:00am I let the dogs out and as I slipped back in bed there was something stuck to my butt...guess what...it was one of those little cards from my daily scripture reading...so I figured God really wanted me to get this one!!! Matthew 5:4 " Blessed are they that mourn; for they will be comforted." 
 I was having one of those crying moments yesterday....someone said something nice to me (about my cleavage) and on the way home I burst into tears wondering why my husband never spoke to me like that and realizing I felt ugly for a long time...Maybe God is telling me...you've mourned and I've comforted...now move on girlfriend!!! Thank you Barry it wasn't sexual harassment and I did look in the mirror!!!
I think I can really say God gave me a kick in the butt...isn't he funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment