Friday, February 25, 2011

you don't know it

Right now there is a Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage commercial that makes me stop and take note every time it comes on TV.  A girl is standing at a podium participating in a spelling bee.  Her word is "bright" and this little voice keeps saying "you don't know it".  It is very irritating and annoying. "you don't know it"

I am reading right now about doubt...which to me is like that little voice.  Doubt is that little voice saying "you don't know it."  when sometimes I have seen it for myself.  I ran into Mark and his girlfriend Kathy back in September...they were in a restaurant, sitting all loving with each other, petting all over each other and it broke me.  It hurt so bad.  That was a turning point to me...I changed my phone number and didn't give it to his family and stopped all contact with any of them.
Even though I have seen it for myself....there is still that little bit of doubt that says "you don't know it".  Why won't it stop?

I've seen it face to face...there should be NO doubt about what he has been up to.  But it is hard for me to believe that 32 years were given for nothing. "you don't know it"

This morning I read "doubt is a choice we make" and it quoted the scripture of James (my favorite book of the bible) as it talked about being like a ship tossed on the seas when you have doubt. James also talks about asking and praying without doubt gets you exactly what you ask for. Are we ever that confident in God?

I am being tossed and getting seasick in the process.

Lord, Take the doubt away.

No comments:

Post a Comment