Thursday, February 3, 2011

Knowledge is Power

Anyone that knows me knows I love to read..for the past year I was on auto pilot...I did not read for enjoyment...I read for knowledge...I had to know everything happening to me...and like everything else I had people (counselors) that put books in front of me that helped me get through each phase...and I was knowledge obsessive...which I think comes from not getting answers because I had a "Runaway Husband" (that would be the name of a book).  All of these books were foundations for the next phase and helped me climb my ladder back to sanity.  I thought I would share my list...ladies keep it at hand because you NEVER know when you might need it...I am a prime example...this gift of knowledge, this blessing from God always gave me answers I was searching for.  Then there were the books that just made me laugh...which i needed so desperately...finally about a month ago I finished my first book in a long time...a book read simply for pleasure.  I realized that passion was back in my life...I will talk about that at another time...so here is the Kim book list for divorcing women...share it or read it. I will let you borrow any time.

Phase 1:  At first knowledge of an affair when you are gasping for air (The Tsunami)
Surviving the Affair   Dr. Willard Harley, Dr. Jennifer Chalmers
After the Affair  I can't find my copy...i must have read it to death or it died in the bathtub!
Boundaries, How to say yes, How to say no Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend

Phase 2:  I am spinning out of control (The Tornado)
Crazy Time Surviving Divorce and Building a New Life  Abigail Trafford

Phase 3: I feel like i am raw and bleeding (The Thunderstorm)
re-read all of the above...take notes...highlight!

Phase 4:  you feel you've lost your footing (The Ice-Storm)
Extreme Breakup Recovery Jeanette Castelli

Phase 5:  your world is still gray,  but the feeling is not as intense (The Fog)
Leaving him Behind: Cutting the Cord and Breaking Free after the Marriage Ends  Sandra Kahn

Phase 6:  your world has started to thaw (Sun Shower)
He's History You're Not Surviving Divorce after 40 (this gets many stars and held lots of answers) Erica Manfred
101 Things to Do the First Year of Your Divorce Meg Connelly

Phase 7: although you still suffer...you see new opportunities (Early Spring)
Love Lust and Faking It  Jenny McCarthy...i  laughed and laughed
The Artist's Way (Any of the books) Julia Cameron...a gift from above!!
quote:  He who knows others is wise.  He who knows himself is enlightened   Lao-tzu (lots more of those)
On My Own, The Art of Being A Woman Alone  Florence Falk

Phase 8: Where I am now! I've made the transition into my new life and can see what it is going to look like and see my future and it is pretty good! (Warm Summer Days)
Runaway Husbands, the Abandoned Wife's Guide to Recovery and Renewal,  Vikki Stark (Thank you Vikki, the book that held all of the answers for me and named all of the phases I used above!)
visit the web site for more info...I read it and am just amazed...there should be a pic of my ex!
http://www.runawayhusbands.com/index.html
Still Hot, The uncensored guide to divorce, dating, sex, spite and happily ever after Sue Mittenthal and Linda Reing
Gifts from the Sea Anne Murrow Lindbergh
Through all phases I read
The Bible.  I started with the book of Job, (O woe is me) and my counselor Tom said, "I think you are ready for something a little happier, maybe it's time to leave Job." So i moved to my FAVORITE book of the bible James which once again (as it has in previous times) had lots of answers to lots of my questions.

Thank you God for knowing what I needed to get me to the Warm days of Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment