Tuesday, February 8, 2011

lamentations...woe is me

I am taking a Disciple bible study class right now...I feel the need for some teaching!  So what is the first thing I read...Lamentations...and I think I've had it bad...it can always be worse! That "woe is me" by the Jewish people as they are led off to Babylonia...they had it so good...what happened...why didn't they listen?

You know it is always someone else's fault...we hate to think or admit we may have done anything wrong!  But we do...and do we have prophets today to tell us?  One of my worst faults is covering all of my bases...
my daily horoscopes...I always laugh and say "it's just a parlor game".  But just like in lamentations...the Jews are told again and again about false Gods.   But it is just my daily reading...or my tarot cards..it's online...it's nothing...but it is...it creates this little seed of doubt...this thinking of maybe it is correct maybe it is all about fate...maybe it's in the cards...God who??

Several weeks before I found out about Mark's affair, we were playing our parlor game at work...and I was told "someone is having an affair"...I was dumbfounded and (I am sorry Becky) thought I knew my husband was having an affair with his friend Becky...well he was but not with her...but do you see...because it was true I believed maybe I could rely on these cards for my answers.

I must confess...I have been to a psychic several times and have even talked friends into going with me...what is that about...and I could see answers in her predictions...just the other day I found a printout of our session and thought look at that...so much of it is true...If I were God I would be totally pissed at Kim McHenry!!

I know what God expects of me and false Gods is not it...I asked the psychic one time about her feelings on God and if this goes against all we are told by him and she quoted scripture to me...but doesn't the bible say false God's can do that?

When my  troubles began I looked at what I had done lately searching for a reason...just like those Jews in the book of Lamentations....woe is me...why me...well God had plenty of reason...but I know my God doesn't punish me...I do plenty of that on my own...I have free will...I make choices...I like to cover all of my bases just in case God isn't what I think he is.

I had a kid one time ask me...do you actually believe all this stuff about God...yes I do..why don't I act like it...I don't walk the talk I talk...it is a daily struggle...every day I have to make the God choice and that isn't easy...WOE IS ME...  I will lament and I will keep struggling...

No comments:

Post a Comment