Sunday, February 6, 2011

dog poop

i  have 5 dogs and a fenced in back yard...they eat and poop twice a day...you do the math....I pick up dog poop daily...just so you can walk through the yard.

I actually have a God moment that is based on dog poop!!

The first year we took the kids on a mission trip we went to Tybee Island...we had 20 kids and one of those kids seemed to wear the same clothes over and over...every day we would say "Did you take a shower today" to which he would give us that look. 

The Sunday following our return we all sat together at church.  As you can guess he had the same clothes on as all during the trip.  I sat beside him at early service, Sunday school and late service.  All the while sniffing the air and smelling the stench.  How could he not smell how bad he smelled?? He needed a shower...his mother should have sniffed him before he left.

During late service I crossed my legs as I sat next to this young man and dangling from my shoe was a big clump of dog poop... God laughed and said...when we think it is someone else who smells sometimes the stink is on us.

This Sunday morning...check your shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment