Saturday, February 19, 2011

lay on your back and let it all hang out

Today as I said, it was beautiful here...I put lights up on the back porch so I can sit out back at night and  enjoy a glass of wine and see to read a book...while climbing up and down the ladder I noticed Freckles rolling on her back with her legs up in the air just squirming and the entire time just whining like it was the best thing that could happen to you...

You know I have suddenly become very open to a lot of things and I thought what the heck...it makes her happy...i bet it would make me happy too.

Did I say I had been working in my flower gardens, cleaning the garage, etc...I think I threw my back out...but you know what..I agree with her..it felt pretty darn good...sunshine..cool grass...fresh dirt...what more could you want??  I had picked up the dog poop for the day!

God's earth is good..sometimes we forget that...he gives us a gift every day of sunshine, moon light, the smell after a rain, a flower bud, warm weather, puppies and the earth.  With it comes responsibilities..it is easy to forget the lesson in Genesis...we have dominion over it all...and he is holding us accountable for how we use it.

Today I challenge you to get close to it...go outside..take off your shoes, wiggle your toes in the grass...if you are brave lay down on your back and wiggle like a dog you will be surprised how good you will feel!!

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment