Wednesday, July 13, 2011

criticism


Proverbs 14:1-8
The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands. 2 He who walks in his uprightness fears the LORD, But he who is devious in his ways despises Him. 3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod for his back, But the lips of the wise will protect them. 4 Where no oxen are, the manger is clean, But much revenue comes by the strength of the ox. 5 A trustworthy witness will not lie, But a false witness utters lies. 6 A scoffer seeks wisdom and finds none, But knowledge is easy to one who has understanding. 7 Leave the presence of a fool, Or you will not discern words of knowledge. 8 The wisdom of the sensible is to understand his way, But the foolishness of fools is deceit.
Have you ever been given a bit of constructive criticism?  Maybe by an older person?  I talk about my mom all the time but one thing she does well is criticize.  In my younger years, much younger, teenage, it was unwelcome...but it is funny how many times things she says repeatedly comes back.  She would always tell me...you can tell a lot about a person by the people they surround themselves with.  Working in state government I watch governors and administrations come and go. Some are pitiful...full of political cronies and friends from the home county who have no experience or skills...and it shows in the results of the administration...nothing productive comes from it...and believe it or not...they all aren't like that!! Some governors know what they are doing and get the job done!  Surprise...
After my job change several years ago I had my first evaluation...I have always had perfect evaluations...all excellent...this is the first time I was ever told I needed to improve in some area!  What?  Me?? But I took it in the perspective of this can make me better and it has...sometimes others see things we overlook in ourselves.  Others can see those faults that we can't.  It is hard to hear!  But it is usually good to hear.  We all think we are perfect don't we!!  Well, we aren't...only one came that was and it wasn't us.  
Remember this proverb about the truth, right talk, wise talk, company of fools (do you think this governor should read this!) and remember to build your house up with these things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment