Sunday, July 31, 2011

praise and worship

So today was one of the best days ever...the best...
I finished it off by leading the praise and worship service at church...what a blessing.

You know the scripture the Lord has been throwing at me since about February...Psalm 46:10
 Be still and know I am God.

Right before service I opened an Alive Now booklet to just read and what did I open to?  You guessed it...that scripture...
I want to share with you the poem that accompanied it...Lora...take note...

Midday Prayer
In the midst of my busyness, O Lord,
remind me to slow down and savor each moment
as a gift from you.

As I move frantically from thought to thought, project to project,
remind me that you are a God of abundance, not scarcity,
and there is time enough for all that you have called me to do.

In the midst of worry, anxiety, fear, and discouragement,
remind me, O God, that you are ever-present,
walking with me through times of ease and times of distress.

When I become too focused on my own problems,
remind me, Loving God, that you have called me
to serve the needs of others;
needs that you have uniquely gifted me to fill.

Help me to remember that I am not alone,
that I need to be connected with others who are struggling
for you are the source of all life and strength and peace.
Amen

By Kathy James.
from Alive Now

No comments:

Post a Comment