Tuesday, July 26, 2011

random

I am done with Proverbs but there are some random proverbs that I just LOVE...so I thought I would share...remember these are from The Message Bible...so their message is a little different....

This is one I love....
Proverbs 30: 15-16

A leech has twin daughters
named "Gimme" and "Gimme more".

Working with teenagers I am forever telling them they have to get over the "gimme" syndrome...you are not God's gift to the world as much as you might think you are! (That's why mission trips are so important!  They experience this first hand.)

It is hard for us to believe the world does not revolve around us!  For young people they still have not learned that lesson.  But it is usually during these formative years when they see glimpses of this to be true.  They start to experience failures and difficulties and they are making life choices.  It is so important to show them where they can go to get help with their answers...to get help with those decisions and to turn to God's word for help and to make God a part of their life. 

We may not be God's gift but he is our gift...he is always there for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment