Thursday, July 28, 2011

laugh at the anniversary

Next month I will be coming up on my second anniversary of finding out about Mark's unfaithfulness.  It still blows my mind sometimes.  As you know I've been carpooling and Courtney and I have had some very deep conversations about hurt and how someone can hurt you and the pain you feel and how no one knows.  I am trying to decide what to do this year on that date.  Last year I took a great trip and just relaxed.  This year I am trying to decide whether to go back to the same location or go someplace different.

Maybe I will just drive...who knows...instead of the sadness and hurt I felt that first year this has become more of a celebration in how far I've come. The accomplishments achieved and the steps I've taken this past year have been biggies. I can only see bigger and better things happening.  Life changing kind of things!

Wow!! when I think back to those days when I wondered how I was going to get out of bed and I just laugh.  I told Courtney a story the other day about finding out about something Mark had done and I burst out laughing.  She said you are in a pretty good place if you can laugh about that and I realized that I am.

 I just got back from a Board Meeting for Community Development Outreach Ministries and there were things happening that I was so able to contribute to.  I felt like all of the years leading up to this God had prepared me to be in this time and in this place.  It felt good to know God knew the score and had my back.  As I look back over these few years I also know God has brought people in and out of my life...that have led me through these times.  Some are now gone, but they got me to this point.  What an amazing work of art God has created in me. 

Today I can laugh!
I am blessed yesterday, today and always!
I will never forget that!

No comments:

Post a Comment