Friday, July 8, 2011

every move you make

Why is it that phrases always lead me to song lyrics??




The Police....Every Breath you Take

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you
(This could be our proverb of the day! Continue reading as if God was writing this song!)
Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you
(I just read Jonah for Disciple class...rings of Jonah's story....you can't run from God!)
Oh can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart breaks (Sorry God!)
with every step you take.

Wow!  I think I need to share this with my church kids.  As I mentioned this week in Disciple we read the book of Jonah...who was a prophet....didn't he know God?  didn't he know he couldn't run from him?  as a group we decided Jonah was a little pompous and like a kid, he kept poking an angry God...see what you get!!

Now to look at our daily lesson in Proverbs!  Proverbs 5:21-22
 For a man's ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all his paths. 22 The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him; the cords of his sin hold him fast.

You can't run and you can't hide.  As much as we would like to...the Lord sees all!  How we act, how we react, how we speak, who we talk about (forgive me!).  Our actions should always reflect this and we should always behave in ways that are pleasing to God.  I read somewhere or heard somewhere...what is going on in your private life is a strong indication of what is in his heart.  Remember yesterday...straight from the heart...isn't it funny how it all ties together and we have to learn one lesson before we can build on it with another!

These daily proverb lessons are from the book "The Message of Leadership" by Daniel Southern.  He is using this passage to talk about marriage and ties that into leadership.  "Marriage is a promise that puts someone else's interests ahead of your own.  Leadership, like marriage, is as much a responsibility as it is a privilege and is based on trust earned over time through hard work.  If a follower can not trust you, will they follow you?" 

I follow God because I can trust him.  When my world fell apart a couple years ago, I trusted him, I trusted his outcome and the direction he will take me.  I go blindly but I know God is faithful...and he is watching me to see how faithful I am...remember he watches every step I take, and every breath I make....

No comments:

Post a Comment