Friday, July 22, 2011

it rises and multiplies


So, this morning I had the bright idea to lay out this frozen bread dough that Jenn left in my freezer...then I turned off the air conditioner because I leave the house open so the big vicious dogs can go in and out all day long...It was 97 degrees today...so guess what was in my sink when I got home...a giant pile of raised bread dough...it had split the bag open and was literally coming out of the sink.  I can do some really bright things!!

So I made rolls when I got home...I could live on bread and butter!! Didn't I just talk recently about healthy living?  no more!!!

A friend of a friend (Jodi) was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had surgery this week.  Prayers for her and her family....but time for a God moment!
In the process of putting her on the prayer list at church it made it to a friend of a friend of a friend (Sarah) in the south...I am not even sure where.  She contacted me to see if she could send Jodi a breast cancer ministry bag.  In the process we've talked several times and Sarah told me her story about her ministry.  What a special special lady.  After surviving breast cancer she knew God was calling her to something and while undergoing her treatment she would read her bible and highlight scripture that kept her going.  She now makes comfort bags that have these scriptures as words of comfort to share with those going through a tough time.  We've had discussions about the tough times in our lives and how God is always there and leading us through them...

Sort of like that big pile of dough I had today...(see I can connect the two)...we start with our own misery and pain but God takes it and makes it something good and it grows and grows just like that bread dough..and it is shared with others...and ends up being something really good...like those delicious rolls.

God is good all the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment