Wednesday, July 13, 2011

time in the wilderness

As many of you know...I listen to Joyce Meyer every morning from 7:30 to 8am...This morning she was continuing to talk about resisting temptation...but she also talked about "how you handle your time in the wilderness!"  I love that thought because I feel like I spent about two years in the wilderness...and I thought how did I handle it...did I do it on my own?   Absolutely not...there were times I was on my knees praying more than I was standing...

She talked about how we can't rely on ourselves and how we have to rely on God.  Do you do that when you are in the wilderness?  Do you look for ways that you can handle things?  or do you give it to God?  As you have heard me say over and over...I always thought I was a very independant woman...I was fooling myself...there was no independance within me...but I have found it only with the help of God.  I have found out what God wants for me...what God thinks is important for me and who is important to me...I was too shell-shocked to recognize or realize any of that...God led me.

How we spend our time in the wilderness is a direct reflection of our faith.  It grows, it gets strong, it thrives....Giving it to God and letting him take the worries and cares is the best thing we can do...he will direct us and show us the way...we just have to step aside and let him...you can't know how you will spend your time in the wilderness until you are there...until you are standing right smack in the middle and don't know the way out....that's when you look up...and kneel down.

No comments:

Post a Comment