Friday, July 29, 2011

letters about sex

I haven't mentioned Disciple class lately because I haven't been there for the past few weeks.  I have been so sick...since I got back from Chicago...I can't seem to shake it...Nick says it's hanging out with the homeless who knows what I got...I disagree I got blessed not sick...

Anyway, we have moved on from the prophets of old to the prophet of the new testament...Paul...and I must say I just don't like Paul as much as I learned to like those fire and brimstone, hell and damnation guys...I could relate to them...Paul is a little all over the place...but I continue reading...the one thing I can't get away from is the references to sexual immorality...finally this week I just quit reading...I don't know if it just keeps drill it into my head how wrong Mark was and confirming all I feel or if it is telling me to keep my morals and don't do anything that I would really love to do right about now!!!

Last week it was the Thessalonians...and having been to Thessalonian it made it have even more impact but the first thing he reprimanded them about...sex...If nothing else it has made me realize what a problem it was back them and in the age of the old testament and it sure hasn't changed...it is still something God would be yelling at us about...at least we don't have prostitutes hanging out around our church alters.

I told the church kids about that one day...teens...they love hearing those kind of stories...

So I will keep reading...keep studying the letters of Paul and see where it leads me...who knows...at some point it may say...no...I doubt it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment