Saturday, July 9, 2011

she'll steal your heart


Proverbs: 7-4-10
Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
   and to insight, “You are my relative.”
5 They will keep you from the adulterous woman,
   from the wayward woman with her seductive words.
 6 At the window of my house
   I looked down through the lattice.
7 I saw among the simple,
   I noticed among the young men,
   a youth who had no sense.
8 He was going down the street near her corner,
   walking along in the direction of her house
9 at twilight, as the day was fading,
   as the dark of night set in.
 10 Then out came a woman to meet him,
   dressed like a prostitute and with crafty intent.

one of the reasons I have loved proverbs for the past few years...it has verified what a fool my ex was!  It gave name to his unfaithfulness and called the two of them what they were.  But with time...I don't care and it doesn't matter.

I have learned to be wiser...to look deeper...to ask for wisdom and insight in my dealings and my actions.  I always remember my lawyer saying...don't crawl in the gutter with them...

Proverbs references illicit sex and loose women more than any other single subject.   So it must be an important subject and must have been for centuries!!  Not only loose women but anything that may steal your good judgement, high morals and bring your life to ruin.  Maybe it's greed or maybe its ambition...think of famous people who have crashed and burned...take the advice of proverbs and my lawyer...Don't climb into that gutter, too!  If you have clear guidance from God, if you read his word and search for his direction you can not be distracted by the gutter along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment