Thursday, July 28, 2011

rejoice again I say rejoice!

You know my morning routine! Drive to car pool site...listen to 15 minutes of Joyce Meyer on the way...her ministry is over around the time everyone gets there to drive to work...this morning I LOVED it!

It was about rejoicing...and how we as Christians only think we are being Christ-like when we are serious and ministering and working...but God loves us and he understands days we need for us!  He is proud of us and wants us to rejoice in who we are!

Several times in the bible God recognizes his son and always says..."Of whom I am well pleased".  Do you think he says that about us?  I am one of those people that gets embarrassed by compliments...I am just doing my job...and I feel like I have to work constantly...a bit of a workaholic...it is hard for me to take time off for me...or time to "rejoice" in myself.  So it is hard for me to think God would be pleased with me.  Maybe I am a bit of a martyr.

It is hard for me to understand he could say that about me!  "This is my child, Kim, of who I am so pleased.??"
I can't imagine...Compliments embarrass me but I also crave them...does that make much sense?
...wow talk about messed up!!

When you aren't loved and built up then I think you crave those things...even though since you never got them it is hard to receive them...my family was not big on compliments ( I knew they loved me)...but they were hard to please and it was always drilled into me to try harder, to be better...why?  I married a man a lot like that family (and his family was a lot like mine) Never good enough, try harder, achieve more, reach higher...you always felt just not good enough...and as a daughter-in-law, their daughters always came first. I remember when things were given to the girls but I was never asked...that's when I realized I really wasn't their "daughter"... Whatever happened to: Are you doing or being the best you can?  That is all that is asked of you.  To be the best YOU can be.

Wow talk about a therapy session!
I always tried to praise my kids...probably OVER did it because I knew the feeling of never receiving praise...I hope they know how pleased I am with them and I hope I have shown them God is well pleased with them too...or is that something you have to figure out on your own? That God loves you right where you are??

Remember to always rejoice...in who you are and in what you do...and rejoice with others on the life they are leading....God does and so should you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment