Wednesday, July 6, 2011

God first

I am back to proverbs!  Have you ever thought about putting God first in your life.  If I would ask people they would probably say...But I do....but do you really?  Where does he fall on your list of priorities?  Is he second behind family or maybe fourth behind your job, your church and your family.  It is tough to realize there are things that are more important in your life than God.

I sometimes struggle with the question.  What are the priorities in my life?  I hate to say I don't think I put God first.  Even though I am told my life could be pure joy if I did just that!! Why is it so hard.  I have tried to put him first in my work dealings.  I always try to think before I react...How would Jesus or God handle this situation...and it is amazing how it changes the entire perspective of the situation...and the outcome for me!! I find I don't try to "win" or come out on top...ahhhhhhh (angel sound) now that doesn't make me a pure angel.  Believe me, there are times I just react...pure emotion and totally BLOW a gasket!! I will say I am not very proud of those times and am disappointed in myself! But... there are always excuses aren't there!!!

Recently on the mission trip I lost it with a kid.  I lost it...as one of the leaders said...I was "enraged" and I will admit, yes I was.  It was not a pretty site!! I worry of the results....I keep him and his family on my prayer list.

Proverbs 3:5-10 tells us:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.[a]
 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
   fear the LORD and shun evil.
8 This will bring health to your body
   and nourishment to your bones.
 9 Honor the LORD with your wealth,
   with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
   and your vats will brim over with new wine.

Put him first and those wine vats will be overflowing!! Putting God first, ahead of everything is not an easy task.  It is something you have to work on every day and remind yourself.  And God first doesn't mean, showing up every time the doors of the church are open...it means taking him into your life...from your dealings with others to your job and to your family.  Start today and see how that goes for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment