Monday, July 25, 2011

Perfection

This is some of my favorite scripture...it tells me what I should strive for.

Proverbs 31:10-12,28-29
A good woman is hard to find,
and worth far more than diamonds.
Her husband trusts her without reserve,
and never has reason to regret it.
Never spiteful, she treats him generously
all her life long.
Her children respect and bless her,
her husband joins in with words of praise.
Many women have done wonderful things,
but you've outclassed them all.

Perfection=Excellence
Excellence inspires trust
Trust inspires loyalty
loyalty inspires respect
respect gives you a reputation that follows you everywhere.

I was a child of the 70's.  My mother always harped..."you are known by the friends you keep"..."reputation is important"..."the way you handle yourself will follow you your entire life"

But, I was much too hip and 70's cool...those were old ways!  But you know I just couldn't get away from that advice that kept repeating itself in my head.  In my older age and in this new place I find myself... I realize how important all of those things are.  How you handle yourself in times of trial...how you respond to criticism...how you handle your children during this time and throughout their life...I strive for the attributes of the perfect woman described in Proverbs.  I know I will strive until I leave this earth, none of us are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment