Monday, August 1, 2011

into the darkness


You know this is such a great picture of what I feel like I've just been through.  For the past few years I was in that darkness.  And I am finally coming out and into the light.  I am finally breaking through and the sunshine and light feel so good on this face.

Yesterday we went geocaching...the kids from church and me...this one is called "into the darkness"...and what you don't see are the 12 kids that have already run into the thing...this is my friend Angie and I bringing up the rear.  We are just heading into the darkness.  The geocache was hidden at 10:00 magnetized to the roof of the culvert.  It was a great cache.  We had a great time finding it.  The kids decided to proceed farther into the culvert, while us old farts turned around and headed back.  It was pitch black...we came prepared with boots, jackets and flashlights.  They laughed and said they went as far as they could until the bats started swooping ...how funny...
The feeling of seeing light at the end of the tunnel...how refreshing...how safe it felt...I couldn't wait to turn my face to the sun and say "ahhhhh".  That's life...we are in the darkness during a hard time...and then we come through...we find the light again.
God is that light bringing us out of darkness.  Showing us the way out...showing us the path to follow.  How lucky we are!


No comments:

Post a Comment