Monday, August 8, 2011

be still and listen part III

I've mentioned it over and over....

this scripture that has been beating Lora and I over the head...
"Be still and know I am God"
tonight Lora and I were together and we debated...what this is suppose to mean to both of us!!

I was telling her...on my way home from Justin's last night I turned off my radio and all music at one point and said...OK God...now is a good time...give it to me!

Well...Lora looked and me and said...I don't think it is a word that will be spoken...I think it is in our hearts...we need to take a step back and let him do his work...there isn't going to be the clanging of symbols and lightning and loud thunder...it will be in the still we will know!

I have said throughout my ordeal...the Lord put Lora and I together for a reason and this is one of them...we talk each other through things...we really do...we can look at each other and say the things that need said...and that is a gift God has given to us both...we are the support needed for each other.

So tonight we thoroughly discussed this scripture...we want all the fireworks...and the voice from God but I think we both decided....we aren't going to get it that way....we are going to get it in the stillness...we know he is in charge and we both have to let him do his work...

So God...here we are...your two faithful...independent...love to be in charge servants...giving over the reigns to you...these two lives are all yours...now do your thing!! Whatever it is...we promise to quit trying to manipulate it..(that is very hard for us both!)

And of course we wish you would hurry up with it!  Sorry!



No comments:

Post a Comment