Tuesday, August 2, 2011

proverbs, four

As I was impatiently looking for a proverb this morning to go with my post...didn't find one...I found these few and laughed and laughed...
hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Four Mysteries
Three things amaze me,
no, four things I'll never understand-
how an eagle flies so high in the sky,
how a snake glides over a rock,
how a ship navigates the ocean,
why adolescents act the way they do. (see!! even back then they didn't understand them!!)

Four Intolerable
Three things are too much for even the earth to bear,
yes, four things shake its foundations-
when the janitor becomes the boss,
when a fool gets rich,
when a whore is voted "woman of the year".
when a "girlfriend" replaces a faithful wife.

Four Small Wonders
there are four small creatures, wisest of the wise they are-
ants-frail as they are,
get plenty of food in for the winter;
marmots-vulnerable as they are,
manage to arrange for rock-solid homes; (I don't have a clue what a marmot is but I am going to google it!)
locusts-leaderless insects,
yet they strip the field like an army regiment;
lizards-easy enough to catch,
but they sneak past vigilant palace guards.

four things....hope they made you laugh too...see the world changes little in over 2000 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment