Friday, August 12, 2011

a good pen is hard to find



I love a good pen....one that writes just right...smoothly...fits your hand perfectly...doesn't glob...that is one of those fetishes I have.

I have been known to steal a pen...not on purpose...but I am forever walking off with one...it you are like me...you know your pens!

If you are old like me... we learned to write cursive with the neatest pen...I can't remember the name of it...but they were shaped funny with a bulb at one end that you wrapped your fingers around...what were they called?? They fit your hand perfectly!

Sometimes I like a pen that writes hot pink....you know something a little different that says....STOP! look at what this says.

I love a good pen!
I bet God has things he really loves, too.  I bet he loves a sunset...with all the vibrancy...all the color...over the ocean...all of that color reflecting in the ocean...Wow!! I like that too.

I bet she, God that is, loves a prayer...especially if it is from a long lost someone he has not heard from in awhile...can you imagine the smile God gets?

I doubt God writes...maybe...there is the bible you know...but he can probably have any pen he wants...he probably uses a quill...I have this vision...

OK what else would God love...children...I know it...loves them and when one is born I bet he rejoices...and puppies...because I love them I bet he does too!!

I've mentioned the book over and over by Cynthia Rylant...one of my favorite authors with WV ties!
God Went to Beauty School
here's one for you
God bought a couch

He ordered it from Pottery Barn
and He had a little trouble
because His credit card
billing address didn't match
the delivery address.
They weren't totally convinced
He was God
Because for one thing
He got His credit card bills in Hell
(just His quirky
sense of humor)
and He wanted the
couch shipped to Heaven
(the old one was too hard)
but they didn't buy it
until He told them
how He made the first
rhinoceros
He had it all down,
the DNA, the chromosomes
and especially the
Holy Spirit.
Nobody is as convincing
about the Holy Spirit
as God
They asked Him did
He want corduroy or leather
He said, "What do
you think?"

I love getting the credit card bills in hell!!! Someone today said they were afraid of God...in my mind God is going to be a hoot!  I bet Jesus rolls his eyes about God and what he does and says just like my boys roll theirs!
I love God!

No comments:

Post a Comment