Tuesday, August 9, 2011

no television

I have a tiny podunk TV cable company...one of those family owned ones that no one has ever heard of.
The threat of rain and wind will make it go out.

Last Tuesday (one week ago) when I was home sick my cable went out in the afternoon.  Hasn't been back on since.  Now it doesn't bother me much ...I have always said I could go without TV.  But I miss my morning news.  I always watch it before I go to work.  I catch up on what has happened overnight and I find out what is going on in the world.

When I don't have TV guess what I do...READ...which is a pleasure for me.  This week I am caught up on my Disciple class reading, no last minute rush.   I am caught up on all of those magazines laying beside my bed.  I have read my daily devotions every day and I've prayed daily.  No distractions.  I have the time and the patience to read and take care of me.  I also notice I am much more patient with the dogs.

You know it may be a good idea to do this at least once a week.  No more Judge Judy or Nancy Grace after work.  I can sit down in the kitchen and read a little bit.  Aren't we encouraged by some group to "Turn off the TV"?  This week give it a try...you might be surprised what you do,  what you find out and what you just might learn.

Maybe next week it will be my computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment