Wednesday, August 31, 2011

my dogs


Binkie

As you know...I love my pups...
Last night...not so much!
I came in from work ...first thing I always do is walk out back with the dogs...they run and wrestle...while I stand and stare into space thinking of all I have to do.  I didn't realize my front door did not latch.

As I talk to Vena and Sissie and Freckles, I look up to see Binkie and Lil' Guy streak by the fence.  I watch them run to the horse farm next door.  I hear the little beagles bark next door...I know where they are...I watch the little boy run to the house....I am going to kill them!

I go get leashes...and there they go...I know not to give chase...that makes them worse...so I walk to the creek...they are right with me the entire time but just far enough away...there they go...into the scummy creek...with green algae and pond scum...yuk...they are in heaven!!

I start to cuss and head to the house...let them run away...they will never have it so nice...ever again!!
I am fuming!!
I feed the other dogs...Lil' guy is easy...he comes to the fence wondering where I went...so he comes right in.
Binkie is the tough one!
I know she likes food...
I want to leave by 5pm...it is now 5:15.  I am going to kill her when I catch her!
I put her food out...no good...she comes close and makes a u-turn...I go water the flowers...and pay no attention.  She doesn't understand why...why don't I chase?  It would be such fun!
Finally I out think her...she always comes running when I pour dry food into a bowl...it makes a dribble sound on the metal...so I do it...and here she comes.  She chows down and I throw a little extra food in there because I am a pushover!

I threaten them with euthanasia...especially when they come inside and head for my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment