Thursday, August 18, 2011

nervous habits

I have several of them...nervous habits...I am one of those constant movers...something on me is moving all the time...at church last week while sitting in the balcony...Lora said stop shaking your leg it was making noises under us.

Yep...I am right now flicking my foot...it is moving...up and down.

Other habits I have are...I run my hand through my hair...back away from my face.  I hate to tell people these things but I am sure they have noticed...I am forever pushing my hair back.

The other is the pen clicking....I seem to always have a pen in hand...and if I am walking anywhere at work...it is clicking...click-click-click-click-  People know when I am coming in their direction!

 We had a stressful end of our day yesterday and I walked into my fellow employee's office and he was eating and I had a pretzel rod in my hand and realized we were doing the nervous eating thing.

Why do we do these things?  What are we so nervous about?  Some people just get down right NASTY when they are nervous.  I work with several people like that...the end of day person yesterday.  Why do people get nasty?  I just don't get it.  I find I just don't respond.  They know they are nasty and hateful.  I'm not going to tell them anything new!

I had Disciple class last night.  It was all about LOVE.  It was first Corinthians which includes the love chapter.  We also read the one prior to (chapter 12) and the one following (chapter 14).  I shared how I had to get up and read Chapter 13 at Justin's wedding, two days after asking Mark to leave due to adultery.  Not an easy thing to do.  I could only look at Sarah and Justin and stress the words to them as they started their new life together.

To do things in love.  Everything God does for and to us is done in love.  Never doubt that.  Maybe those nervous habits are out of love, too.  I'll remind folks at work today as I'm clicking that pen that I love them!!

****Seriously now!! I went on urban dictionary looking for something else and the word of the day...push pen anxiety.
A psychological state characterized by one's excessive push-in push-out of his or her retractable pen; due to stress or boredom.
*click click* *click click*
Use it in a sentence:  That kid at the back of the class has a serious case of push pen anxiety.
Wow ask and you recieve!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment