Thursday, August 11, 2011

holy spirit lead me

Back to my Disciple class last night...we read at one point in the book of Acts how the Holy Spirit did not allow Paul and Silas to go into Asia.  The Holy Spirit actually demanded they not go.  That struck me as so odd.

Let me actually give you the scripture (what was funny in every bible it was different and they seemed to get less dire in every translation.) 
Acts 16: 7
...and they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them. (was how mine read)

Jesus did not allow them to go.  He had other plans for them.  I know the feeling.  I told you last year about my journey to Solomons Island in Md and how I had other plans.  I was heading for Boston.  God had other plans.  She led me to Md where I experienced the joy of forgiveness and the joy of hope.  I had a trans-formative experience that I would have never had in Boston.  God knew what I needed and when I needed it.  She knew what I was struggling with and what I needed to hear and she (my blog from yesterday!!) provided it to me.

I understand how Paul followed where the Lord led him.  I never question any more...I go where he sends me.  I think there is a song there....

children go where I send thee...by Johnny Cash! Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment