Monday, August 8, 2011

defying gravity


Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by
The rules of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts

Close my eyes
And leap...

It's time to try defying gravity
I think I'll try defying gravity
And you can't pull me down

This is a song from the musical "Wicked".  How appropriate for me! 
Since I've dealt with some really wicked people for the past two years..

I've felt drawn to this song lately...it's like the lyrics were written just for me!  It's time to leap and know there will be hands to catch me...close my eyes and leap!  I've been so thoughtful lately...I don't know if it's looking at the boys thrown to the ends of the earth or thinking about age or thinking about what can be!  But I am ready to step to the edge and just jump.  What is the worst that can happen?  I think that has already happened! Now this isn't the bad jump so don't go running for the phone...this is a good jump...like a leap of faith!
It not like I haven't jumped before....when we bought the new house...when I took the new job...when I took over the youth at church and for that matter taking on children's ministry at the church...and in this past year...i've done lots of jumping!
the song continues...

I'm through accepting limits
'Cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try I'll never know
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost

I'd sooner buy defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

so look out you might just see me jumping soon! Don't be surprised at where I go and what I do...I don't even know...I just know it is time to jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment